Making Governance in India Simpler to Understand
Tuesday, 15 March 2022 ADD TO CALENDAR
6:30 PM To 8:00 PM
Governance in India is complicated. A federal structure, decentralised functioning, elected representatives and bureaucrats, and quasi-government bodies all working together often means that making sense of how services are delivered to citizens can be a challenge in itself.
In an attempt to understand this extensive, complex system better, we have tried to ‘Map’ governance.
Mapping Governance is an interactive, visual, and dynamic learning tool that gives a holistic view of how social sector programmes in India are governed from the Union government down to the last mile. We like to call these tools ‘Maps’.
About the Panel Discussion
This panel discussion will bring together leaders in the development space to stress the importance of strategic government engagement for development practitioners.
- Anjali Bhardwaj, Founder, Satark Nagrik Sangathan
- Dr. Sekhar Bonu, Director General, Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office, NITI Aayog
- Saurabh Garg, Chief Executive Officer, Unique Identification Authority of India
- Uma Mahadevan, Principal Secretary (Panchayat Raj), Government of Karnataka
- Moderated by Yamini Aiyar, President and Chief Executive, the Centre for Policy Research, and Founder of the Accountability Initiative
To attend the panel discussion, kindly register here.