Game Development Consultant (Individual)
Work Hours: Flexible
Deadline: 3 December 2022
About Accountability Initiative (AI)
We are a research group which works on strengthening transparency and accountability in governance. We identify and analyse the reasons that work against efficient public services delivery in India. We provide evidence to policymakers, development practitioners, academics, the media and the public for positive transformational change in government systems.
Our vision is to enable Responsive Governance. We believe this can be achieved if institutions are designed in a transparent and accountable manner and are responsive to citizen demands, and there is an informed and mobilised citizenry which can draw upon these platforms. Our mission is to encourage both through research and dialogue.
We are a part of Centre for Policy Research (CPR), one of India’s leading public policy think tanks. We currently have operations and staff in over five Indian states.
Terms of Reference
We are looking to hire a consultant (individual) to deliver the following services:
- Develop a web-based prototype for an interactive, text-based ‘game’. The prototype should serve as a proof of concept and be playable for alpha testing.
- The prototype should meet modern web standards and be playable on both mobile and desktop. (The content, visuals, and game mechanics will be provided by AI.)
- The consultant is expected to provide inputs on the overall gameplay and user interaction through a deliberative process.
- The consultant should have a quick turnaround time. Since this is a prototype stage, we seek fast iteration over ideas.
- The prototype is expected to be handed over to AI at the end of the contract including the source code, documentation, and login credentials related to hosting and other services (if any).
- The prototype should allow non-technical staff at AI to make edits to the text of the game.
Prior experience in working in the social sector in India and familiarity with government budget/public finance is desirable. Further details of the game will be shared with selected candidates.
Interested candidates should apply to [email protected] with the subject: “Application for the post of Game Development Consultant”. The application should include candidate’s portfolio and CV.
The consultant fees will be competitive and commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CPR is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org