Curriculum Development Consultant
Location: New Delhi
Status: Short-term consultancy contract
Deadline: Rolling until filled
About Accountability Initiative, Centre for Policy Research
Accountability Initiative (AI) at the Centre for Policy Research is a research driven non-profit that advances transparent governance, and accountable policy implementation which can serve people’s needs. We identify and analyse the reasons that work against efficient public services delivery in India. We provide the evidence to policymakers and implementers to enable decision making that is responsive to the ground reality. We believe that accountability of the administrative machinery to the people forms the bedrock of good governance, which lies at the heart of all our efforts.
Accountability Initiative currently has operations and staff in 5 Indian states.
Learning and Development at AI
We believe that the active participation of citizens and frontline administrators is critical to the momentum on Responsive Governance. This belief is founded on each research study which has uncovered the critical linkage of government decision- makers, frontline implementers, and citizens. The Learning and Development team at AI works closely with AI’s research team to distill key learnings from the research to catalyse change through structured learning opportunities – courses, workshops, experiential programmes – that enable decision-makers, service providers, and citizens to participate in and monitor social sector programmes.
About the Position
AI is looking for a Curriculum Development Consultant to be part of the team that is working on curriculum design for a course on Nutrition Financing. The consultant will be expected to support both the Research and Learning and Development teams to develop and design the course. This would entail drawing from AI’s research to design the curriculum, undertake literature reviews of recent evidence to identify additional relevant content, and work with the team in the creation of interactive course material.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Curriculum Development Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review and provide inputs on the current course curriculum plans, including methodologies, practical training, and content.
- Review the curriculum of similar programmes in this space.
- Undertake literature reviews to develop curriculum content.
- Work with the research team in refining the content, including the modes of training.
- Support in creating course material, including the development of case studies.
- Any other project requirements assigned by the team.
Timely delivery of draft modules based on the plan as determined by the Project Lead.
▪ Minimum Masters from an accredited university in the social sciences is required.
▪ Demonstrated interest in governance issues, particularly in health and nutrition. Past experience in nutrition financing is an asset.
▪ Proven experience in conducting similar assignments of reviewing and developing curriculum.
▪ Knowledge of and competence in using softwares, particularly Prezi and Powerpoint. Previous experience using Infogram and Canva is an asset. .
▪ Excellent communication and networking skills.
▪ Strong programme management skills.
▪ Excellent reporting and formal writing skills.
Contract Type: Short-term Assignment.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales, and commiserate with the candidate’s experience.
Contract Period: From the date of hire till March 2021.
Interested consultants/ researchers must submit their CV or resume along with relevant competencies, comprehensive experience record, by sending an email to email@example.com with the Subject: Application for the post of Curriculum Development Consultant.
The hiring need is immediate, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis till the position is filled. Only complete applications will be entertained.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org