Location: New Delhi
Deadline: Rolling until filled
About Accountability Initiative (AI)
We are a research group which works on strengthening transparency and accountability in governance. We identify and analyse the reasons that work against efficient public services delivery in India. We provide evidence to policymakers, development practitioners, academics, the media and the public for positive transformational change in government systems.
Our vision is to enable Responsive Governance. We believe this can be achieved if institutions are designed in a transparent and accountable manner and are responsive to citizen demands, and there is an informed and mobilised citizenry which can draw upon these platforms. Our mission is to increase both through research and dialogue.
We are a part of the Centre for Policy Research (CPR), one of India’s leading public policy think tanks. We currently have operations and staff in over five Indian states.
The Accountability Initiative is looking for a Design Associate to support its strategic communications work. The incumbent will:
- Lead the visual design of research, communications, and learning and development products.
- Act as a custodian of the Accountability Initiative’s brand guidelines, sub-brands, and ensure brand consistency in outputs.
This role reports to the Assistant Director Communications.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lay out – where applicable modify – and deliver research outputs (such as research reports, Budget Briefs, factsheets, policy briefs).
- Create marketing collateral, and templates for social media.
- Innovate and come up with fresh ways to present evidence-based knowledge brought out by AI through storytelling by making use of illustration and other skills.
- Liaise with the research and learning and development teams to understand needs.
- Liaise with the Centre for Policy Research design team as per need.
- Liaise with external vendors on production as per need.
Work Experience: Preferably 1 year of work experience as a designer.
Education: Master’s degree in design, fine arts or related. Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated track record of using design skills within the non-profit sector, preferably within a research group.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design softwares such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong understanding of print, video, and digital production.
- Demonstrated interest in thematic issues that AI works on such as health, nutrition, rural development, government budgets, decentralisation (more here).
- Fluent at communicating in English (spoken and written). Strong command over Hindi.
- Strong understanding of communications and marketing for non-profits.
- Demonstrated people skills with a deep appreciation for teamwork to achieve positive social change.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders within tight timelines.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational abilities.
- Command over other regional languages.
- Working knowledge of other design platforms, such as Canva, Infogram, and Prezi.
- Working knowledge of the design thinking process.
This role offers expansive scope to be creative. Among other things, on a typical day you will:
- Collaborate with in-house content creators and ideate on visually aesthetic, appropriate multimedia formats to present AI’s rich knowledge.
- Put visual storytelling skills to use so as to put out knowledge products that help the public in understanding India’s complex governance system and challenges.
- Contribute in the output planning process, keep tabs on the pipeline, and co-facilitate the adherence to timelines.
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com with the subject: “Application for the post of Design Associate”. The application package should include:
- A cover letter describing your background, work experience, interest and suitability for the position;
- A CV, which specifically lists your relevant experience and skills;
Note: The documents should be enclosed in a zipped file, with your name specified in the file name.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org