21 February 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- 10.8 million COVID-19 protection vaccine doses have been administered, with over 6 million health workers receiving at least one round, the Government of India has said.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 has been launched. It aims to achieve universal immunisation coverage of children and pregnant women free-of-cost in 250 districts of 29 states and Union Territories in two rounds (February and March 2021).
- A special campaign under the Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure functional tap connections in schools and Anganwadi Centres has been extended till 31 March 2021. Download our latest brief on the Jal Jeevan Mission to understand the programme’s status.
- The Union Cabinet has approved amendments to the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 pertaining to additional powers given to District Magistrates.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the development, conduct and promotion of health research in India.