7 March 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Jharkhand government for the first time presented an outcome-based budget in which departments have been given specific targets, and the results will be measured by the end of next financial year.
- The union government has launched ‘Sugamya Bharat App’ to enable people with disabilities and the elderly to register accessibility-related problems in any infrastructure by uploading pictures on it.
- Haryana government approved the bill providing 75% reservation in private sector to state job seekers who have a domicile certificate.
- According to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), India’s GDP for the October-December quarter grew by 0.4 per cent, while the GDP for the entire financial year 2020-21 is seen contracting (-)8 per cent.
- In view of rising Covid-19 cases, the Union Government has extended the coronavirus containment guidelines till 31 March this year.
- NITI Aayog, along with a working subgroup of officials and members of civil society, has prepared a draft national migrant labour policy as a response to the Covid fallout on migrants.