5 June 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- All projects under Slum Rehabilitation Authority are eligible for Maharashtra’s slum protection policy, which aims to provide 300 square foot rehab homes to qualified recipients for Rs 2.5 lakh, says the Chief Secretary of Housing.
- A “Green Hydrogen” policy will be formulated by Himachal Pradesh to encourage the use of green hydrogen and position the state as a major hub for its production.
Health and Nutrition
- Maharashtra received a large allocation under the National Health Mission for the current fiscal year. The ministry of health and family welfare granted the state Rs 652.13 crore for 2022-23 and Rs 1,618.54 for 2023-24. Funding totals Rs 2,270 crore.
- E-pharmacy regulations are being drafted based on stakeholder discussions.
- Telangana increases the remuneration for medical students working in government facilities by 15%.
- By creating a five-member panel ‘National Rare Diseases Committee’ to efficiently implement the Centre’s rare illnesses policy, the Delhi High Court has taken a proactive move to address the issues faced by patients with rare diseases.
- The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs has allocated ₹ 45.34 crore to bolster the research and development of Unani medicine, a traditional healing system.
- India’s first education policy for children with special needs is being formulated by the Chandigarh Education Department.
Also Read: At A Glance: Himachal Pradesh Budget 2023-24