21 June 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- Goa will soon roll out a new solar and renewable energy policy, says Chief minister Pramod Sawant.
- The Union government has released the 3rd Instalment of Tax Devolution to state governments amounting to Rs 1,18,280 crore in June 2023, as against the normal monthly devolution of Rs 59,140 crore.
- To strengthen 1,514 urban co-operative banks, the Reserve Bank India has notified four key measures, including giving them two years more to meet the priority sector lending targets.
- The Indian government is set to introduce a national e-commerce policy that aims to create a favorable environment for the development of the sector and drive exports.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday directed officials to draft the state’s drone policy and ecosystem, which could be the first in the country.
- National Commission for Backward Classes(NCBC) is processing the request for the approval of about 80 more castes in six States, (Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Haryana) for the inclusion in the OBC list.
- To support the Digital India initiative, the Infrastructure Finance Secretariat (IFS), under the Ministry of Finance has launched the IIPDF (India Infrastructure Project Development Fund) Portal.
- A recent study conducted by the Madras Diabetes Research Foundation in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has shed light on the growing burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in India.
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW) has launched ‘Sagar Samriddhi,’ an online dredging monitoring system to accelerate the ‘Waste to Wealth’ initiative of the Government.
- Recently, the Ministry of Power and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy have jointly launched a National Mission named “Mission on Advanced and High-Impact Research (MAHIR)”
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has recently released its first Sustainability Report for FY 2021-22. The report highlights NHAI’s governance structure, stakeholders, environment, and social responsibility initiatives.
- The Unified Registration Portal for GOBARdhan was launched as a part of the Government of India’s initiative to convert waste to wealth and promote a circular economy.
- Recently, NITI Aayog and the United Nations in India signed the Government of India – United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (GoI-UNSDCF) 2023-2027.
Food & Nutrition
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution has imposed limits on Stock of Wheat that can be held by traders, wholesalers, retailers, big chain retailers and processors to manage the overall food security and to prevent hoarding and unscrupulous speculation.
- The Government of India has introduced a new fellowship programme called Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) to facilitate collaboration between the Indian diaspora in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) and Indian academic and research institutions.