28 February 2022
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Union Cabinet approved the continuation of the Capacity Development (CD) scheme till March 2026. An outlay of ₹3,179 crore has been approved for the scheme’s continuation.
- The Union government released ₹1,348 crore to six states for providing grants to urban local bodies.
- The Union Ministry of Rural Development launched the Ombudsperson app for Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- The Ministry of Finance announced that the World Bank will provide ₹869 crore loan to fund Rejuvenating Watersheds for Agricultural Resilience through Innovative Development (REWARD) Project.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology released the Draft India Data Accessibility & Use Policy, 2022.
- Maharashtra proposed Women’s Policy titled ‘Policies and Strategies on Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women’ after the review of the state’s 2014 women’s policy.
- The Ministry of Education approved the continuation of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) till 2025-26.
- The Ministry of Education approved the ‘New India Literacy Programme’ scheme for adult education for the period 2022-27.
- The Union Cabinet approved continuation of the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) scheme till 2025-2026.
- The Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports submitted a report titled ‘Reforms in the Education of Performing and Fine Arts’ to the parliament.
- The University Grants Commission issued draft accessibility and inclusivity guidelines for higher education institutions.
- The University Grants Commission issued Open and Distance Learning Programmes and Online Programmes, Second Amendment Regulations, 2022.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment issued new guidelines for the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) that bar humanities subjects, like Indian history, culture and heritage from the scholarship’s purview.
- The Chief Minister of Haryana announced that for students of Classes 9 to 12 skill development will be made a compulsory subject.
- The Union Cabinet approved the national roll-out of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) with a budget of ₹1,600 crore for five years.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) is set out to integrate the database of Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 beneficiaries with the National Food Security Act (NFSA) portal.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Polio Immunisation Drive (NID) for 2022.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) – DHR (Department of Health Research) policy on Biomedical Innovation & Entrepreneurship for medical professionals.
- The New Delhi Municipal Council constituted a special Sanitation Response Unit (SRU) for the safety of people working as sewer cleaners.
- The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj launched the three-day long National Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Conclave 2022.