16 May 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- ‘One Station One Product’ (OSOP) scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Railways across the Indian rail network.
- Action plan for FY 2023-24 released by the Ministry of Coal with an asset monetisation target of ₹50,119 crore.
- Changes have been notified to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002 by the Ministry of Finance.
- Model Prisons Act, 2023 finalised by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- State Backward Classes Commission’s report on proportion of reservation for Backward Classes was accepted by the Haryana Cabinet.
Health and Nutrition
- Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi scheme launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- SAKSHAM (Stimulating Advanced Knowledge for Sustainable Health Management), a Learning Management Information System (LMIS) launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- COVID-19 is now an established and ongoing health issue which no longer constitutes a public health emergency of international concern stated WHO.
- Half of the total villages in the country have achieved Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus status under the Swachh Bharat Mission Gramin (SBM-G).
- Bhopal became the first city in India to track progress towards meeting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The Supreme Court issued directions to ensure effective implementation of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, or the PoSH Act.
- The Supreme Court stated that High Courts do not have power to direct changes in Scheduled Tribes list.
- ‘Is an End to Child Marriage within Reach? Latest trends and future prospects’ 2023 update released by UNICEF.
Also Read: At A Glance: Himachal Pradesh Budget 2023-24