18 October 2020
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- In Delhi NCR, Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) came into force from 15 October. The action plan consists of some stricter measures to fight air pollution and has been in effect for three years.
- The Registrar General of India (RGI) has clarified that the provision of Aadhaar is not mandatory for the registration of births and deaths.
- Goa became the first state in the country to provide 100% piped tap water connections to rural households. This was done using local sources and with infrastructure built under the MGNREGA.
- The Election Commission has come out with a set of new instructions to make the procedure to opt for postal ballot more convenient for those above 80 years of age and people with disabilities.
- The government has approved – the Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) project – partially funded by the World Bank to carry out reforms in the governance of school education.
- Kerala has become the first state to go digital in public education and have high-tech classrooms in all its public schools.