15 November 2020
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- As part of the Atmanirbhar 3.0 stimulus package, ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana’ has been launched to incentivise job creation during the Covid-19 economic recovery phase.
- As per the government orders, online media, including entertainment and news platforms, will now come under the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- The Haryana government passed a bill that allows the recall of village sarpanches if they fail to perform. The bill also gives women 50 per cent reservation in rural bodies.
- The government has approved Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for ten sectors in order to enhance India’s manufacturing capabilities.
- The Interstate Migrant Policy Index (IMPEX) that seeks to measure the integration of interstate migrants shows that Kerala, Goa, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh have been most successful in integrating migrant workers.
- The Finance Ministry has approved the creation of a national database that will enroll workers from the unorganised sector.
- To combat undernutrition, the government is planning to distribute fortified rice through the Integrated Child Development Services and Mid-Day Meal schemes across the country from next year with a special focus on 112 districts.
- The Jharkhand government has passed a resolution seeking the inclusion of Sarna as a separate religion in Census, 2021.