11 July 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Supreme Court has directed all states and Union Territories to implement the One Nation, One Ration Card system by July 31.
- The Uttar Pradesh government plans to release its new Population Policy 2021-30 on July 11, World Population Day. The policy is likely to incentivise people who will help in population control.
- The Union government has announced the formation of a separate Ministry of Cooperation, a subject that till now was looked after by the Ministry of Agriculture.
- In order to bridge the learning gap due to COVID-induced lockdown, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) gave its nod to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Education to provide technical assistance for satellite TV classrooms.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) are collaborating to introduce a financial literacy curriculum for students of Class VI.
- According to a report titled “The Hunger Virus Multiplies” by Oxfam, the death toll from famine outpaces that of COVID-19.