27 June 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs along with various socio-educational organisations has launched a nationwide campaign called ‘Jaan Hai To Jahaan Hai’ to create awareness on COVID-19 vaccination in rural and remote areas.
- The government has announced that the amounts paid by an employer to an employee for COVID-19 treatment will be exempt from income tax.
- The government has launched ‘customized crash course programme for COVID-19 Frontline workers’ to skill and upskill over one lakh frontline workers across the country.
- The government has released guidelines for parents’ participation in home-based learning during school closure.
- The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and have signed an MoU to upgrade the skilling programmes on offer at CBSE-affiliated schools.
- The World Bank has approved a loan of 250 million dollars to transform foundational learning in the government schools of Andhra Pradesh.
- According to NCAER, the Indian economy is likely to grow 8.4-10.1% for the current financial year as against a contraction of 7.3% in the last financial year.