21 November 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the resumption of the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) scheme. It will continue till FY 2025-26, with an outlay of Rs. 17,417 crore.
- Health sector grants of over Rs.8,453 crore have been released for rural and urban local bodies of 19 states. This move follows the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission.
- The Union government will release Rs 95,082 crore part of the tax devolution to states in advance.
- In-service training modules on Central Sector Schemes have been released for grassroots functionaries among others, by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The proposal is to train 10,000 functionaries each year through short-term programmes.
- The latest round of the National Achievement Survey has been conducted across the country. The last round was held in 2017.
- The latest Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) report has been released. It notes an increase in government school enrolment.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana—Gramin has marked five years of its launch.