7 November 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: Insurance Scheme for Health Workers fighting COVID-19, has been further extended for 180 days. Launched in 2020, the package seeks to provide comprehensive personal accident coverage of Rs. 50 lakh to over 22 lakh community health and private health workers who are involved in the care of COVID-19 patients.
- Goods and Services Tax compensation of Rs. 17,000 crore has been released to the states by the Union government.
- The Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission has been launched with the objective of strengthening India’s healthcare network ranging from the village level upwards to the national level in the coming 5 years. The Mission aims to establish diagnostics facilities and augment pandemic research among other aspects.
- India and the World Bank have entered an agreement to strengthen health systems in Meghalaya. The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will be worth USD 40 million.
- The World Health Organization has granted an emergency use license to Covaxin.