3 October 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- The Union government launched the PM-POSHAN scheme for providing one cooked hot meal in government and government-aided schools. The scheme will replace the existing Mid-day Meal Scheme.
- The second phase of the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation would aim to make cities free of garbage and ensure safe water.
- The government has launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission to provide a digital Health ID to people. The ID will contain their health records.
- Niti Aayog has prepared State Nutrition Profiles, a comprehensive compilation of crucial data on wasting, stunting, anaemia, underweight and overweight. This can affect policy decisions and facilitate research in the area.
- The World Bank will give a $150 million loan to the Government of Tamil Nadu’s Chennai City Partnership: Sustainable Urban Services Programme, which seeks to improve the quality of urban services.
- Under the ‘Vaccine Maitri’ programme, India will start exporting vaccines to other countries to meet its commitment to the COVAX global pool.