14 February 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM), aimed at augmenting the country’s solar capacity, was extended for three years to address delays in implementation due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- To reduce the price of wheat and atta, the Department of Food and Public Distribution has lowered the wheat reserve price.
- Mahila Samman Savings Certificate, a new one-time small savings scheme for women, announced by the Centre.
- To enable Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) to provide services offered by Common Service Centers (CACs), the Ministry of Cooperation signed an MoU with MeitY, NABARD and CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd.
- Governors in 13 states and Union Territories were appointed by the President of India.
Health and Nutrition
- Sarva Dawa Sevan or Mass Drug Administration (MDA) campaign was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) by 2027.
- A NITI Aayog report titled “Transforming Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)” has recommended setting up a separate board for vocational education.
- To develop Waste to Energy and bio-methanation projects in cities with a population of million plus the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs signed an MoU with Engineers India Limited as part of furthering the ‘Green Growth’ agenda.