22 August 2021
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news, published every fortnight.
- To address the problem of malnutrition, the government has announced that the rice available through every scheme shall be fortified by the year 2024.
- Under the Bharat Net programme, six lakh villages of the country will get internet connectivity by 2024.
- The government has launched the second phase of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), or Ujjwala 2.0, in Uttar Pradesh.
- Odisha launched a health insurance scheme called Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Smart Card scheme in the tribal-dominated Malkangiri district.
- The Chhattisgarh government has launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’, to support rural landless labourers with minimum wages.
- India has allowed foreign nationals residing in the country to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by registering themselves on the Co-Win portal.
- According to a new UNICEF report, India is among four South Asian countries where children are most at risk of the impacts of climate change.