30 January 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- Information database on municipal bonds launched by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Understand the basics of municipal finances with our blog here.
- Amendments to the Information Technology (intermediary guidelines and digital media ethics code) Rules 2021 proposed by the Centre.
- State Finances: A Study of Budgets of 2022-23 report published by the Reserve Bank Of India (RBI).
- Order for the constitution of India’s G20 Task Force on Digital Public Infrastructure for Economic Transformation, Financial Inclusion and Development was issued by the Ministry of Finance.
Health and Nutrition
- iNNCOVACC, world’s first intranasal COVID19 vaccine, was unveiled by the Union Health Minister.
- People in rural areas have the right to equal healthcare as people in urban areas, commented the Supreme Court. The court further added that the government is duty-bound to enhance access to healthcare in such areas. Read about the National Health Mission with our Budget Briefs 2023.
- All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2020-2021 released by the Ministry of Education.
- PARAKH, India’s first national assessment regulator, has been notified by the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT).
- Overall progress of Atal Bhujal Yojana reviewed by the National Level Steering Committee.
- Fifteen R&D textile projects worth ₹32.25 crore cleared by the Centre under National Technical Textiles Mission.
- World Economic Situation and Prospects 2023 report released by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Economic Analysis.
- ₹8,000 crore raised by the Centre via maiden auction of Sovereign Green Bonds.
- Campaign to drive inclusive circular economy launched by the United Nations Development Programme.
- World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2023 report released by the International Labour Organisation.
- Draft requirements to prepare and publish Annual Transparency Reports to increase transparency in management and governance of audit firms was published by the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) for auditors.
One thought on “Policy Buzz”