30 January 2023
Keep up-to-date with all that is happening in welfare policy with this curated selection of news – Policy Buzz – published every fortnight.
- Information database on municipal bonds launched by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Understand the basics of municipal finances with our blog here.
- Amendments to the Information Technology (intermediary guidelines and digital media ethics code) Rules 2021 proposed by the Centre.
- State Finances: A Study of Budgets of 2022-23 report published by the Reserve Bank Of India (RBI).
- Order for the constitution of India’s G20 Task Force on Digital Public Infrastructure for Economic Transformation, Financial Inclusion and Development was issued by the Ministry of Finance.
Health and Nutrition
- iNNCOVACC, world’s first intranasal COVID19 vaccine, was unveiled by the Union Health Minister.
- People in rural areas have the right to equal healthcare as people in urban areas, commented the Supreme Court. The court further added that the government is duty-bound to enhance access to healthcare in such areas. Read about the National Health Mission with our Budget Briefs 2023.
- All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2020-2021 released by the Ministry of Education.
- PARAKH, India’s first national assessment regulator, has been notified by the National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT).
- Overall progress of Atal Bhujal Yojana reviewed by the National Level Steering Committee.
- Fifteen R&D textile projects worth ₹32.25 crore cleared by the Centre under National Technical Textiles Mission.
- World Economic Situation and Prospects 2023 report released by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Economic Analysis.
- ₹8,000 crore raised by the Centre via maiden auction of Sovereign Green Bonds.
- Campaign to drive inclusive circular economy launched by the United Nations Development Programme.
- World Employment and Social Outlook: Trends 2023 report released by the International Labour Organisation.
- Draft requirements to prepare and publish Annual Transparency Reports to increase transparency in management and governance of audit firms was published by the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) for auditors.